Business Development Associate
Zhidao Media Inc. – Vancouver, BC
Are you a driven, ambitious and energetic go-getter who excels at managing client relationships? Do you enjoy developing B2B partnerships and delivering strategies to expand business opportunities and client base? Are you a tenacious and results-oriented individual who is passionate about attracting and connecting with clients? Are you capable of reading and speaking Chinese?
If so, Zhidao Media Inc. is looking for a Business Development Associate to take part in activities to expand our base of business subscribers on our Chinese mobile application that allows users to search and discover local business information in the Lower Mainland and customer reviews. The Business Development Associate will boost the number of business subscriber listings on our mobile app and expand our influence by developing innovative ways to reach new businesses.
We offer competitive salary packages (comprised of base salary and commission), friendly and collegial work environment and rewarding job opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities
- – Assist in the development of a strong pipeline of new business subscribers through direct customer contact and prospecting
– Research leads and approach potential subscription clients (including cold calls) to develop new subscription accounts
– Prepare proposals and conduct presentations for prospective clients
– Provide ideas to attract new businesses and expand subscription base
– Understand the company’s service offerings and clearly communicates them to prospective clients
– Educate clients on new technologies and the benefits of our features and services available to them
– Maintain and nurture long-term client relationships through regular contact, customer service and resolving client problems in a timely manner
– Support short-term and long-term business strategies for subscriber base expansion through new product features or marketing activities
– Collaborate with marketing and content creation team members to increase number of subscribers as well as publicity
– Maintain current subscriber database and updates prospective client database
– Other business development duties as required
- – Must have comprehensive oral and written communication skills
– Must have impeccable interpersonal skills and excellent phone manner
– Ability to tailor communication styles to cater to various types of business clients using expertise, tact, and listening skills.
– Proficient in speaking and reading Chinese
– 1-2 years experience in business development or sales roles
– Highly organized and a self-starter
– Experience with prospecting new clients and/or B2B sales is asset
– Knowledge of Chinese social media, mobile applications and online marketing
– Education in business, marketing or a related field is an asset
– Ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently
– Exercises a high degree to professionalism with outstanding work ethic
– Friendly, sociable personality and positive, motivated attitude
– Demonstrated perseverance and diligence in previous client/customer-facing roles
– Proven record in meeting quotas is a definite asset
- Please submit your cover letter and resume.
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
Job Type: Full-time
Local candidates only: Vancouver, BC
Required experience: business development or sales: 1 year
Required language: Mandarin Chinese